I have never had a risotto before now. And I really enjoyed this and think it was worth the effort of stirring lol
200g chicken breast
150g risotto rice
150g chestnut mushrooms
1.5 stock cubes made up to 1000ml with boiling water
1tsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
30g creme fraiche
.5 tbsp parmesan extra to serve
1. Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan, add the chicken breast and ensure it is completely submerged in stock. Gently simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes until soft before adding the rice and cooking for a further minute whilst stirring.
3. When the chicken is ready remove from the dish with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool.
4. Start adding the stock a ladle at a time and continually stirring waiting until the liquid is absorbed before adding more. This will take maybe 20-30 minutes.
3. When the rice is just about ready slice your chicken before adding to the pan with the parmesan and cook for a further few minutes. The mix should be thick now but be sure to add a little more stock or boiling water to ensure it doesn’t get too dry.
4. Finally remove from the heat stir through the creme fraiche, cover and leave to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition per portion*
The dieters also use some dried mushrooms which are soaked in water whilst the risotto cooks however I couldn’t find any and don’t feel like this lacked flavour at all! I am actually really looking forward to doing it again. Nom! X
*Please remember that nutritional information stated in these recipes depend on weights and actual products used so yours may vary.